Addressing Art Quilts is packed with events to challenge and intrigue and combines educational activities with relaxation and networking.
Addressing Art Quilts is an exciting opportunity presented by the members of Ozquilt Network Inc. for their families and friends to support Australia’s art quilt organisation.
Addressing Art Quilts welcomes the wider community to support and share the incredible diversity of styles that extend the boundaries of the art of the layered textiles as quilts.
Addressing Art Quilts is being held in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia. The exhibition and conference will be held at the Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery (Musuem at Inveresk: Art Gallery at Royal Park) aand various central venues.
Conference Gala Events
Thursday 7 September 2017
There will be a variety of possible events being offered. For example, artist studio visit, quilt study and workshop event, Gallery tour, Tour of Quilts in Public Spaces. They will be advised depending on delegates showing interest in the conference registration form.
Friday 8 September 2017
Artist Development Activity: Workshop with Ruth de Vos I Have a thing with Plants: A Botanical Basis for Art Quilts at QVMAG (Museum, Inveresk). Viewing of the Silent Auction at the same venue. Learn more->
- Art Quilt Australia 2017: official opening at the QVMAG (Art Gallery, Royal Park) and announcement of Expressions:The Wool Quilt Prize ($3,000) sponsored by the National Wool Museum and the OZQN Award of Excellence 2017 ($3,000).
Saturday 9 September 2017
- 9-10am: Artists’ floor talks at the QVMAG (Gallery, Royal Park)
- 10am-5pm: Addressing Art Quilts Conference at the QVMAG (Museum, Inveresk) including
- official launch of the updated National Quilt Register by the National Wool Museum’s Padriac Fisher;
- Clare Plug: –Selector AQA 17 – A Textile Artist’s Journey South and Ongoing fascination with Polar Places
- Ruth de Vos: Fortunately, Unfortunately: A Quilt Maker’s Creative Journey
- OZQN Annual General Meeting
- Top Tips from OZQN members: 3 short presentations about your solo exhibition, your art quilt book, and designing your art studio; and
- Silent Auction
- 6.30 for 7pm: Gala dinner at the Mercure Hotel (3 Brisbane Ave, Launceston); close of Silent Auction and distribution of sales.
Sunday September 2017
- Brunch at the Queen Victoria Gallery
- Floor talk and free time at the Gallery
- Afternoon activity to be advised
Download: Addressing Art Quilts Information Pack (PDF Format)
Optional Enrichment Activities
Before, during and after the organised events, there are many self-guided enrichment activities available. It is an exciting time in the area as the Junction Arts Festival is running. There is a free loop bus service in the CBD and immediate area of which you can take advantage. Travel and accommodation is at the delegates’ discretion.
Download: Enrichment Activities Information (PDF)