Facebook: Brenda Wood Art
I have always had an interest in the creative arts, including drawing, painting, ceramics, fabric crafts & arts. As a textile artist, my works are indicative of my love of experimentation and reflect a love of my environment. A member of TAG (Textile Art Group) and a member of RATG (Reddy Arts Textile Group), I exhibit bi-annually in Brisbane.
- First Prize Queensland Quilt Show 2016 Pictorial
- First Prize Queensland Quilt Show 2015 Textile Art Pictorial
- First Prize Queensland Quilt Show 2015 Textile Art
- First Prize Queensland Quilt Show 2013 Textile Art
- Redcliffe Show 2012 First Prize & Second prize & Most Outstanding Textile Art
- Redcliffe Show 2011 First Prize & Most Outstanding Textile Art & First prize Art Quilt
- Selected for Living Colour! textile art touring exhibition 2015
- Published in Down Under Textiles 2016, 2015, 2014
- Published in Down Under Quilts 2013
- Diploma of Interior Design
Spotted Box Fish
Retail Price: $350
Dimensions: 40x40cm (H x W)
Statement: Abstract impression of the playful spotted boxfish whose intricate spots and blue wriggled colouring contrast sharply with the black and white and yellow. Highlights of orange spots make the boxfish a very colourful study.
Exhibitions: Australia Wide Six
Retail Price: $680
Dimensions: 100x70cm (H x W)
Statement: People think of the outback as the land, but the lifeblood is the watercourses & Artesian springs. Qld’s fresh waters flow to the ocean reefs. Fish are plainer in colour and become more vibrant in tropical waters. This piece represents the fish along the route from Outback to Reef.
Exhibitions: State of the Art Quilt 2022 (Queensland)
Prizes: 1st Prize SOTA 2022