I have always had an interest in the creative arts, including drawing, painting, ceramics, fabric crafts & arts. As a textile artist, my works are indicative of my love of experimentation and reflect a love of my environment. A member of TAG (Textile Art Group) and a member of RATG (Reddy Arts Textile Group), I exhibit bi-annually in Brisbane.
- First Prize Queensland Quilt Show 2016 Pictorial
- First Prize Queensland Quilt Show 2015 Textile Art Pictorial
- First Prize Queensland Quilt Show 2015 Textile Art
- First Prize Queensland Quilt Show 2013 Textile Art
- Redcliffe Show 2012 First Prize & Second prize & Most Outstanding Textile Art
- Redcliffe Show 2011 First Prize & Most Outstanding Textile Art & First prize Art Quilt
- Selected for Living Colour! textile art touring exhibition 2015
- Published in Down Under Textiles 2016, 2015, 2014
- Published in Down Under Quilts 2013
- Diploma of Interior Design
Retail Price: $450
Dimensions: 40x40cm (H x W)
Statement: With Colours reminiscent of the great Australian Opal, clever use of fabric, thread and stitch create texture and form. Enhanced by threads of various thicknesses and textile paint highlight and subtly sparkle. Brilliant colours are layered on a rock like fabric base. Created using an “opals” technique.
Photographer: Brenda Wood