Art Quilt Australia 2023 including Expressions: The Wool Quilt Prize is on exhibition at the National Wool Museum, Geelong, Victoria, from 12 August until 12 November. Opening hours 10am to 5pm daily.
Art Quilt Australia 2023 seeks to promote excellence and originality in contemporary art quilts in Australia with an added emphasis on quilts made of wool. Works were selected on the basis of originality, composition, content and execution by a jury of acknowledged experts: Dr Anne Farren, Beth Miller and Dr Moira G. Simpson.
Congratulations to the following artists:
- Linda Steele Moroccan Magic : $4000 OZQN Award of Excellence sponsored by Ozquilt Network
- Dianne Firth Deposit: $500 OZQN Award of Excellence Highly Commended sponsored by Ozquilt Network
- Alison Withers DIY Deluge Design No.5 : $4000 Expressions Wool Quilt Prize acquisitive prize sponsored by the National Wool Museum
- Bronwyn Cant Plays Well with Others $500 Expressions Wool Quilt Prize Highly Commended sponsored by the National Wool Museum
- Margery Goodall De-nature#1 Aquifer: yesterday, today and tomorrow: $250 Judges’ Commendation for Innovation sponsored by the National Wool Museum
The Art Quilt Australia 2023 catalogue is available to purchase. The catalogue is 44 A4 pages with statements from the selectors and colour images of the 37 finalist artworks. All pricing is inclusive of postage (no tracking). For delivery to:
- Australia A$25
- New Zealand A$35
- Other Countries A$40
Pay by EFT/direct deposit (preferred) or by credit card via PayPal. No PayPal account required. Order online.