There are two ways to get from Melbourne (Tullamarine) airport to Geelong by public transport:
- Skybus to Southern Cross Station Melbourne, then train to Geelong (see Vline timetable); or
- Gull Bus Service to Geelong
The Geelong Visitor Information Centre (Tel: 03 5222 2900) provided the names of a number of middle-range accommodation opportunities nearby:
- Nireeda Apartments on Clare 03 5221 0566
- Geelong Short Stays 0407 711 707
- Bay City Hotel 03 5221 1933
- Belmercer Motel 03 5229 9021
There are also plenty of AirBnBs around.
Friday Activities: 6 September
The following activities are available on Friday 6 September for people coming to the Art Quilt Australia 2019 opening on Thursday 5 September and staying over for the Collectors and Collections symposium on Saturday 7 September or for people arriving early for the Symposium.
Wool Quilt Prize Viewing
National Wool Museum, 26 Moorabool St, Geelong
Booking required – please e-mail email@example.com
Viewing of quilts at the that have previously been awarded Expressions: The Wool Quilt Prize.
- 10.30-11.30am: morning session
- 2.30-3.30pm: afternoon session
Afternoon: in your own time
- Geelong Library and Heritage Centre, 51 Little Malop Street, Geelong: The library has an extensive collection of art quilt books. They will be laid out for your viewing. The library also has a café and comfortable chairs along with a viewing balcony on level 5.
- Metropolis Gallery, 64 Ryrie Street, Geelong: This commercial gallery exhibits an impressive range of contemporary Australian paintings, limited edition prints, sculpture, art glass and jewellery by local & national Australian artists. Indigenous Art is presented in association with several important Aboriginal Art Centres and collectors can also find significant smaller works by a number of major Australian artists.
- 101 Ryrie Arts, 101 Ryrie Street, Geelong: This commercial gallery is dedicated to showcasing works by the artisans of Geelong and its regions. Also offered is a remarkable range of uniquely handcrafted sculptural and other creative works in many media.
Reminder: Register by 30 August
RSVPs for the opening of Art Quilt Australia 2019 and bookings for the Ozquilt Network Symposium: Collectors & Collections close on 30 August.