- Teacher of Textiles and Design for over 35 years. Teaching is still a passion especially in challenging and facilitating creativity and innovation in all ages.
- Tertiary Education: Teacher of Textile Innovation at the ACU
Contracted to write the Textile Design and Textiles Science and Innovation (2010) units for Southern Cross University
- Tutoring: Many small and to larger groups; ATASDA, NCEATA, ASG and many smaller quilting groups.
- First solo exhibition at Timeless Textiles, Newcastle. This was followed by a co exhibitions with photographer Ian Smith in; The Rainforest Centre, Dorrigo National Park; The Bunker gallery Coffs Harbour; Woolgoolga Arts Gallery; Macleay Valley Arts Council and Pandora Gallery at Coola.
- Work published in ‘Down Under Textiles’ and more recently her art quilt “Log Cabin Doorways of France” was published in ‘American Patchwork and Quilting’ under the title of “Quilting
- BQJC (British Quilt Judge Course). In 2016 – 2018 Lorraine embraced another challenge spent much of her time completing this intensive course. She is now a qualified Juror and Judge.
She has travelled widely and is a keen photographer. Lorraine works on several pieces at a time and to experiment and creating new techniques.
Retail Price: A$1800
Dimensions: 90x90cm, 36x36in (H x W)
Statement: Vortex is inspired by my love of the sea with its moodiness that changes with sunshine and moonlight. My aim was to capture the sea’s depth, shape and lines with both the sun and moon in the heavens.
Photographer: Lorraine Parker