Entries are now open for Art Quilt Australia 2017 a juried exhibition of art quilts presented by Ozquilt Network in association with the Queen Victoria Art Gallery and the National Wool Museum. Entries close on 7 June 2017. Submission is via the online entry form or by postal mail only:
- Online Entry Form including payment by credit card
- Download AQA 2017 Conditions of Entry
- Download AQA2017 Entry Form (PDF)
Art Quilt Australia 2017 is a juried exhibition with $6000 in prize money. All selected entries are automatically eligible for consideration for the $3000 Award of Excellence (non-acquisitive). Entrants submitting complying wool quilts (see below) may also nominate their work for the $3000 Expressions:Wool Quilt Prize where the winning work is acquired by the National Wool Museum for its permanent collection.
Highlights from the Conditions of Entry
- Quilt definition: For the purposes of this exhibition, a quilt is defined as “a stitched, layered textile incorporating any material and employing any technique“.
- No theme: The exhibition has no theme so you are free to develop your own ideas and put forward the best work from your portfolio.
- Size: Large quilts are encouraged. Maximum height 250cm. Maximum width 200cm. Minimum perimeter 300cm (sum of all sides). For unusually sized or shaped works please contact OZQN.
- Completion Date & Exhibition: Quilts must have been completed after June 2015 and must not have been exhibited elsewhere in Tasmania or Victoria.
- Expressions: Wool Quilt Prize: To be eligible for this prize, quilts must be non-traditional; be made predominantly of wool (including all layers and materials); have at least 60% wool on the visible quilt surface; and nominated on the entry form.
- Sales: Quilts may be for sale. Ozquilt Network Inc. will apply a flat administration fee of A$50.00 for each quilt sold. Please take this opportunity to offer your work for sale.
- Fees: The entry fee is A$20 (members) or A$50 (non-members) for up to two quilts. For this fee, non-members will also receive a 9 month full OZQN membership, commencing from 1 April 2017. Artists selected must also pay an extra contribution of $25 per work. Payment may be made by credit card (online entry only), direct deposit or cheque.
- Copyright: There is a comprehensive section about intellectual property and copyright, to protect the rights of artists while permitting OZQN, the Queen Victoria Art Gallery and the National Wool Museum to best promote the exhibition and the artists whose work has been selected.
- Photography: Clear, high quality photography is ESSENTIAL. The work should appear as you would wish it to be reproduced in the catalogue and other media. Images must be at least 1500 pixels on the longest side. The online entry form accepts images up to 5MB in size each.
- 27 February 2017: Entries open
- 7 June 2017: Deadline for submission of entries
- 1 August 2017: Notification of selection
- 1 September 2017: Entries due at venue
- 7 September: Opening event; prizes awarded
- 8 September 2017: Exhibition opens to the public
- 22 October 2017: Exhibition closes
- 15 November 2017: Collection/return of work
Please direct any queries to AQA2017@ozquiltnetwork.org.au