Australia Wide Four
The Australia Wide Four travelling exhibition continues on tour in 2015/2016 to the following confirmed venues:
- 23 March- 30 April 2015: Milllicent GalleryMillicent SA
- 20 May - 24 June 2015: Naracoorte Art Gallery SA
- 3 July - 15 August 2015: Bunbury Regional Art Gallery, Bunbury WA
- 29 August– 27 September 2015: Wanneroo Gallery Wanneroo WA
- 17 October- 17 December 2015: Geelong National Wool Museum in conjunction with Art Quilt Australia 2015
- 20 January- 28 February 2016: Katherine Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts and Culture Centre.
- 24 March – 10 April 2016: Ballantine Gallery, Ballarat as part of FibreArts week long workshops
- 1 July– 29 July 2016: Gilgandra Cooee Heritage Centre, Gilgandra NSW
- Gosford Regional Gallery, Gosford: 18 April – 27 May 2015; opening with curator floor talk at 2pm on Saturday 18 April. Other curator floor talks at 2pm on Saturday, 2 May and Saturday, 16 May. All welcome!;
- Nautilus Art Centre, Port Lincoln, South Australia: 1-13 July 2015
Tumut Art Society Inc Annual Art Exhibition
13 March to 11 April 2015. Open daily 10am to 4pm (closing 1pm 12 April
Five-Ways Studio, 1 Tumut Plains Road (cnr Snowy Mountains Highway), Tumut, NSW This art prize includes a Fibre Art categoryhttp://tumutart.com.au
Reddy Arts Textile Group exhibition Theme Nature’s Threads
April16 – May 30 2015, Mon to Sat 10am to 4pm (closed Anzac Day) Free Entry
Pine Rivers Art Gallery, 199 Gympie Road, Strathpine, Qld (parking off Mecklem Street) Phone: 07 3480 6941
This textile art exposé reflects a variety works and techniques by a group 12 women some of whom work at a professional level and have achieved success within Australia and internationally.
Geelong Patchwork & Quilters' Quilt Inc
Saturday May 16 2015, 9.30am to 4pm Entry Fee $10
Barwon South Civic Centre, 7 Reynolds Road, Belmont (Melway 465 D3)
Theme is Seaside supporting Cottage by the Sea
For details of programme and challenge www.geelongpatch.org.au
Main guest speaker – Kathy Doughty, quilter and writer from “Material Obsession”.
War Quilts Exhibition
Friday 3 July to 22 Nov 2015, 10am-5pm Tues-Sun Curated by Dr Annette Gero
Manly Art Gallery & Museum, West Esplanade, Manly Entry: Free
This year is the hundredth anniversary of WW1. Galleries all around the world are having exhibitions with memories of this war including many in Australia. Gallipoli (2015) is particularly significant as the Australian WW1 memory.
Manly Art Gallery and Museum has taken the initiative to put on an exhibition of War Quilts. Although it’s the anniversary of WW1, it seemed a good excuse to show quilts from all wars. Quilts from many sources will be included which came here with the waves of immigration of peoples from all over the world . We aim to show these as well as quilts made here in Australia (which even include some made by mum from blackout fabric during the Japanese attack of Sydney...