time for a change
Campbelltown Arts Centre 11 – 22 May 2016
The MACARTHUR TEXTILE NETWORK in Partnership with the Campbelltown Arts Centre present their 2016 Exhibition Time for a Change’Wednesday 11th May to Sunday 22nd May 2016. This exhibition showcases the diversity of textile practices of this vibrant group.
Address: 1 Art Gallery Road, Campbelltown NSW. Time: 10 am to 4 pm daily. Meals and light refreshment available at the Gallery Café.
a matter of time
a matter of time is a travelling textile art exhibition curated by Brenda Gael Smith comprised of 32 works exploring the fourth dimension (time) in cloth.The exhibition tours in 2016/2017 including the following venues:
- Australasian Quilt Convention, Melbourne: 14-17 April 2016. Curator floor talk at 12.30pm daily.
- Stitches & Craft Show, Auckland: 28-30 April 2016. Artist floor talk with Annie White at 12.30pm daily.
- The Q Exhibition Space, Queanbeyan, NSW, Australia: 28 June-16 July 2016. Exhibition opening and curator floor talk, 5.30-7.30pm Tuesday, 28 June 2016.
- Kyabram Town Hall, Kyabram, Victoria, Australia: 1 – 31 August 2016.
- Nautilus Art Centre, Port Lincoln, South Australia: 26 September – 21 October 2016.
- Festival of Quilts/Craft & Quilt Fair, Adelaide: 3-6 November 2016.
- Millicent Gallery, Millicent, South Australia: 1 -31 December 2016.
- New Zealand National Quilt Symposium: 5-10 October 2017 (subject to availability of venue).
- June – Bay of Fires Art Festival- Gallery Parnella
- August – Gone Rustic Gallery, St Marys
- Sept/Oct – Island Quilts
22 July – 6 November National Gallery of Victoria
MAKING THE AUSTRALIAN QUILT: 1800-1950 will be held at the National Gallery of Victoria bringing together more than 80 significant quilts and patchwork articles from Australia’s history including The Rajah Quilt. The venue will be the NGV Australia in Federation Square, Melbourne. For more information: www.ngv.vic.gov.au