Australia Wide Four
The Australia Wide Four travelling exhibition continues on tour in 2015/2016 to the following confirmed venues:
- 11 July – 9 August 2015: Bunbury Regional Art Gallery, Bunbury WA
- 29 August– 27 September 2015: Wanneroo Gallery Wanneroo WA – indicative dates please check with gallery
- 23 October to 13 December: Geelong National Wool Museum in conjunction with Art Quilt Australia 2015
- 20 January- 28 February 2016: Katherine Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts and Culture Centre.
- 24 March – 10 April 2016: Ballantine Gallery, Ballarat as part of FibreArts week long workshops
War Quilts Exhibition
Friday 3 July to 22 Nov 2015, 10am-5pm Tues-Sun Curated by Dr Annette Gero
Manly Art Gallery & Museum, West Esplanade, Manly Entry: Free
This year is the hundredth anniversary of WWI. Galleries all around the world are having exhibitions with memories of this war including many in Australia. Gallipoli (2015) is particularly significant as the Australian WWI memory.
Manly Art Gallery and Museum has taken the initiative to put on an exhibition of War Quilts. Although it’s the anniversary of WWI, it seemed a good excuse to show quilts from all wars. Quilts from many sources will be included which came here with the waves of immigration of peoples from all over the world . We aim to show these as well as quilts made here in Australia (which even include some made by mum from blackout fabric during the Japanese attack of Sydney.
Evolution, Change, Challenge: A Contemporary Quilt
29 August to 8 September 2015, Hazelhurst Community Gallery, 10am-5pm daily
A juried exhibition of contemporary quilts.
Labours of Love: Australian Quilts 1850 – 2015
7 August to 5 October 2015, Hazelhurst Community Gallery, 10am-5pm daily
Quilts will be sourced from The National Gallery Australia, Canberra, Powerhouse Museum, Sydney and noted quilters and fibre artists from across NSW to be held in Hazelhurst Regional Gallery & Arts Centre.